NATIONAL FAIR HOUSING ALLIANCE POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Director of Finance
Title: Director of Finance
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary Range: DOE
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Closing Date: April 21, 2017
NFHA is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelors degree in accounting or related field, five years G/L level accounting experience, non-profit fund accounting experience, federal grant financial management experience, and very proficient in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel. Experience with Microsoft Great Plains accounting and with the Fair Housing Initiatives Program preferred. Must be highly organized and detail-oriented.
General Responsibilities: Manage full accounting functions, including Payroll, A/P, A/R, G/L, financial statement preparation, budgeting, investing, cash flow analysis, human resource management, audit preparation and grant financial management in accordance with the guidelines set forth in OMB Circulars A-110 and A-122, as well as the federal Super Circular. Supervise one staff accountant.
Brief Overview of Specific Duties:
- Prepare wage allocations in Excel for regular and temporary personnel for input into the general ledger. Reconcile per pay period invoices from the Payroll vendor.
- Supervise Staff Accountant, including reviewing accounts payable transactions and checking cost center allocations, etc.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements, including documentation of automatic deductions of insurance, payroll, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) payments and any tax payments.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet, income statement and investment reports for Board Finance Committee. Prepare cash flow analysis as requested.
- Prepare bi-weekly payroll, using a Timekeeping system to create the payroll data.
Reconcile any vacation, sick, holiday time allocations before entering the payroll. Reconcile payroll for input into a program that transfers the payroll information into the general ledger.
- Use Excel to reconcile Payroll vendor’s vacation and sick time balances.
- Supervise the preparation of HUD quarterly reports including the financial reporting Prepare financial reports for other grants as required.
- Create Excel spreadsheet information for legal case expenses, grant expenses, and interim reporting for grants.
- Analyze the organization’s insurance renewals, including health, dental, long term disability, business insurance, director and officers insurance, etc.
- Process employment forms for new hires and any terminations, including preparing portable insurance forms. Prepare forms for new employees including health insurance, dental insurance, retirement, etc.
- Reconcile fixed assets including monthly depreciation and year end book value, etc. using Excel spreadsheets.
- In preparation for the annual audit, reconcile all balance sheet subsidiary journals, prepare any accrued payroll details, and run the preliminary trial balance, balance sheet and the income statements.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No placement agencies or telephone calls. Thank you.
NFHA supports affirmative action and is dedicated to promoting equal employment opportunity.